At Burns Mortuary, we encourage families to create very personalized services. We know that every family we serve is unique, and we strive to make each service a personal tribute to the life that has been lived. We provide a wide variety of choices that will help fulfill a family's wishes, from a traditional funeral to a personalized service that celebrates a loved one's hobbies, interests and life.
The following are ideas that you may use to personalize a service:
- photographic collages
- displays of personal memorabilia, such as awards, trophies, or favorite pastime items, such as garden tools
- the writing of personal notes by family and friends during the service
- service folders & registry books that reflect personal style and interests
- music selections from our extensive library
- live musicians
- special customs particular to different faiths, ethnic groups, and fraternal organizations
- displays of uniforms and equipment for government employees
- have motorcycles in the procession for a motorcycle enthusiast or have a cowboy's horse lead the procession for a cowboy
Our funeral directors are committed to helping you create a special tribute to your loved one that will honor a life well-lived. We encourage you to share your ideas, customs and wishes with us.
Memorialization Options for Cremation:
OUTDOOR NICHES - The cremated remains of your loved ones may be safely held in an above ground columbarium niche.
SCATTERING – Your loved one's cremated remains may be scattered in a National Forest, private land, and the ocean. You will want to check with your funeral director for laws and regulations on scattering of your loved ones cremated remains.
TRADITIONAL BURIAL – In ground burial in a cemetery of your choice – Urns may be buried in a cemetery also.
PERSONALIZED MEMORIALIZATION – Inscribe your family member's name and a special saying on a tree plaque, park bench or other special memorial. We also have custom, unique urns and keepsakes. Please contact us directly and we will help you with your needs.